Why not specific the "server" tag in the <cfmail> based on a round robin or
looping list.

Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Buddy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2002 12:33 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: rotating mail servers - cfmail...

Hey everyone, I'm writing a mail app and looking for suggestions for a cool
way to handle part of the app:

I am sending a bunch of emails out with CFMAIL. I am looping over a list of
the addresses, it could be from a query or a struct or an array, doesn't
really matter to me or the app, anyway, as I loop over the emails I would
like to have the app evenly distribute the mails between any number of my
mail servers, to keep the load lighter on all of them. It could be any
number, but right now it is 3: mail, mail2, and mail3. Anyone have any
thoughts about a really cool or elegant way to do this? Thanks y'all.
Buddy