> My client has a sql DB server abroad that he connects to via an ISDN
> line to check status information of a cash transfer.
> His inhouse system built in VB does this.Qusetion is - is it
> possible to get CF to do the same? Any ideas as to how to proceed.

As long as the server can talk to the SQL Server on the other end of the
ISDN, then there should be no reason why not

I would need a static IP address and have the user setup for the CF to
talk to, but as long as you've got those, there should be no reason why
not

If you can pcAnywhere to the server, then check to see if you can ping
the remote machine, if so, see if you can get a port-scanning piece of
software and check to make sure port 1433 is open to you

If you can do all of that, then there's no reason why you can't make an
ODBC connection

Philip Arnold
Technical Director
Certified ColdFusion Developer