its simply a tcp/ip sql server connection.

you can connect to remote servers anyway using sql server 2000, and im
pretty sure you can using7.0

your challenge is to make that tcp/ip connection propagate to the odbc
panel in cf admin, if im correct in my thinking.  so that you can then
make an odbc datasource.

I would think this was possible, although I havent done that before, I
have connected
to remote sql servers, simply by registering them, but instead of using
Named Pipes, the netbios
name, I used the sql server machines IP Address.

one caveat, make sure you have that connectivity capability installed in
your sql server setup.

..tony

Tony Weeg
Senior Web Developer