Heh! This reminds me of when I built the Thomas Cook UK eCommerce site
with BroadVision. Back then, AOL was using the 16-bit IWENG browser and it
truncated and corrupted URLs and would actually crash the BroadVision
server. Since TC had a relationship with AOL, they escalated the issue and
AOL gave us permission to detect the IWENG browser and redirect users to a
specific page on aol.com. The URL they gave use was
aol://something-or-other (yes, a 'magic' AOL protocol, not an HTTP-style
URL!) and the page it went to informed users that they must upgrade their
OPERATING SYSTEM from Windows 3.1 to Windows 95...

Laugh? I nearly did...

On Wednesday, August 21, 2002, at 01:20 , Jeff Beer wrote:
> I just installed AOL 5.0 on Windows XP pro to test the text/x-aol mime
> type for sending "rich text" compatible mail, and when I logged on to
> AO-Hell was notified I can only use version 5.0 two more times because
> (paraphrasing) "This version is not compatible with Windows XP - you
> must upgrade immediately!!

Sean A Corfield -- http://www.corfield.org/blog/

-- Margaret Atwood