From: Jillian Carroll [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2002 4:15 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: CF vs. ASP

My .02 is:

If you 'put all your eggs in one basket' you lock yourself out of another
potentially rewarding market: the website/application UPGRADE.

People may have existing sites in .asp, .php, etc that are perfectly usable
and functional... and they want to add functionality.  If you only know CF,
you may be limiting yourself quite a lot.

--
Jillian

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002, Perez, Jimmy wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am a CF certified developer (missed advanced by three points) but am
thinking of expanding my horizons/marketability.  I have started getting up
to speed in ASP/VBScript but the question keeps coming up:  should I even
spend any time doing this or should I just concentrate on CF?  The more
e-mails I read in this list, the more I realize how powerful CF is, but
should I keep all my eggs in one basket so to speak?  Any good advice?