That is fair.  Likewise, I have found CS graduates who do not know how
to problem solve.  I suppose what I am saying here is that there is no
silver bullet either way.  My experience has dictated that of the people
I have interviewed and worked with, the ones (again, in general) who
were the greatest assets to a larger, more complex project, were those
that either came from a Software Engineering background, or understood
Software Engineering.

One of our best developers ever was a guy who learned CF on his own
while studying Applied Physics.  Another was a Philosophy major.
Neither one of them could define software engineering.  But did that
matter?  Not in the least.

My apologies if my post came across as a blanket statement.  Either way,
its not a title that's important to me, it's the
knowledge/experience/ability that make it all happen.

--Paul

Paul W. Wille           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Certified Advanced ColdFusion 5 Developer
ISITE Design, Inc. -- Senior Programmer
www.isitedesign.com
615 SW Broadway, Suite 200
Portland, OR 97205