Hi Don,

>I am having a big problem with an old standard login system.  This is the
>most simple login system I know and have used it for years.
>
>It consists of:
>Login form page
>Login action page
>Main page
>Session variables tracking who is logged in
>
>The user enters in their login acct, the action page compares it against the
>db, then sets some session variables and uses cflocation to forward them to
>a new page or back to the login page if they fail.  The application page
>checks for the session variable to see if they're logged in and uses
>cflocation to send them back to the login page if the var doesn't exist.

I am slightly surprised that this has ever worked if I understand it correctly.

Session and Client variables normally use cookies to control themselves, if
not you have to use CFID and CFToken in your URLs. cflocation has a proviso
that if you use it then any cookies set in the page before the cflocation
tag will _not_ actually get sent to the browser under normal circumstances.

This means that if you have a cflocation in your initial entry then your
session may not well be set up properly.....

--

Yours,

Kym