Is this a very busy server with a lot of connections? The
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError error is one that the JRE will throw when
there are too many connections. I only know this because of my
research into BEA's JRockit a week or so ago, which sidesteps these
problems by implementing it's own stack.

I thought this was interesting...the IBM and SUN 1.3 JRE's, are much
faster under Linux but can't seem to handle many concurrent
connections at all.
http://www.volano.com/report/

IBM 1.3.0 Linux
    Hangs with 100% CPU usage after 438 connections.
IBM 1.3.0 Windows
    java.lang.OutOfMemoryError after 3293 connections.

Sun 1.3.1 Windows (HotSpot Server VM)
    java.lang.OutOfMemoryError after 3200 connections.
Sun 1.3.1 Linux (HotSpot Server VM)
    java.lang.OutOfMemoryError after 410 connections.

I don't know if any conclusions can be reached from VolcanoMark, but
you may want to try another JRE if your problem persists. Just a
disclaimer, someone did mention that the JRockit JRE has compatibility
issues with CFC's...

--
jon
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]