Thanks Jeff, that helps out alot.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Beer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2002 4:59 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Programmatically Control IIS with CF.

You need to check out this book:

Windows NT/2000 ADSI Scripting for System Administration
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1578702194/qid=1030654365/sr=2-1/
ref=sr_2_1/102-2311318-0545755

I bought it out of curiosity, and was pretty much astounded by how much
you can do with simple Visual Basic COM objects.  The really cool part
is all of the source code *including precompiled objects* from the book
is available at:

http://www.newriders.com/content/images/1578702194/downloads/exercises.z
ip

It's killer...  You just need to wrap some security around your
interface and have a blast.  I read through one chapter and had a VB
object creating websites on any one of our 15 web servers in about
twenty minutes.  Of course, that was straight from within VB with no
real interface, etc. Domain management, IIS, FTP, Index Server, SMTP,
users and groups - and a lot more can be handled with ADSI.

I highly recommend that anyone needing to script NT/2000 administration
buy this book.

BTW - I have nothing to do with the publisher or author, etc - I just
love it :)