Charlie,

>>>3) no internal browser for preview.  i only recently started using this in
Studio, more for javascript than cf pages...just to see if it will run
before even bothering to save it.  kind of got used to that.  unless I'm
missing it, there is no way to do that in DWMX.

There is a way to preview your pages. Under the View menu, go to Live Data and Live
Data
Settings. Once you get the Live Data Settings configured, you can preview your pages,
with
live data from a database :-) It's pretty nice. I do agree with it being slow overall
though.
As long as I'm developing locally, things are fine, actually great. Once I shift over
to a development
box on the network, well...hang it up! It's so slow that it's just not even practical
to develop with.

HTH,

- Gary