I love it, it's more friendly than BBEdit in my opinion. I've been a
long-time HomeSite/Studio user as the company I was working with
previously was PC-only, now I've gone to work with fellow Mac lovers and
I'm free to use the OS of my choice, but migrating from HomeSite/Studio
to BBEdit was painful - none of the things I've come to rely on were
there. Jedit makes the transition much less painful - and for
extensibility it seems much more capable an editor than HomeSite/Studio
ever was (no offense, I LOVE HomeSite/Studio). The ability to add
plugins is great - you can customize the editor to work comfortably with
any language you want.

If you download the XML Plugin, and the FTP Plugin and mess around with
the syntax coloring you'll think you're using Studio again. There's also
a SQL Plugin to run SQL commands (you supply the JDBC drivers).

There's a large community of folks writing BeanShells and Plugins for it
as well, so most anything you could want in an editor it can do with
little effort for the install. In fact, there's a feature to go to the
web, find plugins and install them for you with only a couple clicks.

Jedit is by far the nicest editor I've found for the Mac and it even
rivals HomeSite/Studio for hand-coding. I'm less worried about HomeSite+
being dropped these days.

Now if someone would only write a plugin for CF tag-insight I'd be in
heaven ;)

Joshua Miller
[EMAIL PROTECTED]