Is anyone here being paid for their development work with a percentage of
the gross from the site they're working on?

I have a client who's telling me with convincing assurance that his site Is
going to make a mint,  and I'd be much better off taking 20% of the gross
revenue than charging a fee for service based on my hourly rate.    I can
see every transaction going through the site, so I know I'll be able to
verify how much I'm owed.  In fact I can probably have it pay me direct to
my account from the credit card transactions.

He's probably right,   he's probably going to do quite well with his site ..
he has orders backing up already before the site's even started, but all my
instincts are telling me to say "no thanks I'll take my chances with a fee
for service".

I know it's up to me to decide which way I'll be better off, but I was
wondering if anyone else has made this sort of arrangement and how it's
worked out.

Cheers,
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia