From: charlie griefer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2002 11:43 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: SQL query woes...cf 4.5 v 5.0

hey all...

i have a query running against an Access database.  on CF 5, works fine.  on
cf 4.5, i get a SQL error.

ODBC Error Code = S1000 (General error)
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Join expression not supported.

the JOIN looks like this:
FROM items INNER JOIN divorder ON val(left(items.costCtr,1)) =
divOrder.ccStart

basically, i need to take the value from a column of one table
(divOrder.ccStart) and join it on the first character from the column of
another table (items.costCtr).  further funkiness in that one column is
numeric (divOrder.ccStart), and one is text (items.costCtr).

Even so, the query worked on CF 5.

This is the first instance that I've encountered tho where CF versions
(supposedly) would be involved in successfully executing a particular query.

I guess what I'm wondering is...can anybody possibly confirm that it is CF?
is there anything else that i should be looking at?  And if it is CF, why?
:)

thanks,
charlie