Joe

That's probably good advice for most, but I'd prefer off-the-shelf
hardware -- even if I pay more -- just so I don't have to screw around
with the hardware.

I figure regardless of platform I will need to constantly fiddle with
the software.  I have some experience with, Win 31, win 95, win 98, win
NT, win XP (the nag), Yellow Dog Linux, Red Hat Linux, and BSD Mac OS X.

I have developed with everything from Assembler, AlGol, ForTran, CoBOL,
Forth, APL, Tiny C, Pascal, Perl, PHP, VBS, JavaScript/JScript,
Flash/ActionScript, Java, and ColdFusion -- I like ColdFusion the best
-- but thing that Java will be a requirement.

I want to concentrate on application solutions -- so the less
non-related requirement of my time, the better.

Dick