I use the code below as part of a forgotten-password scheme.  Gives me a string that
can both be stored and emailed (the string is part of an html link) safely.

encode...

<CFSET variables.b64encrypted = ToBase64(encrypt(form.mydata,variables.mykey))>
<CFSET variables.urlencrypted = URLEncodedFormat(variables.b64encrypted)>

decode...

<CFSET variables.unencryptme = URLDecode(variables.urlencrypted)>
<CFSET variables.unencryptme =
decrypt(tostring(tobinary(variables.unencryptme)),variables.mykey)>

Matt Robertson    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
MSB Designs, Inc., www.mysecretbase.com

from: John Gedeon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:26:18 -0700

No those weren't it. it was something like CFEncrypt or
CFsomething....Maybe they are not used anymore