What are the parameters of the key?
Min/max length? characters?

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Scandale [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2002 1:30 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: CF encrypt() and SQL

I don't remember where I got this... some generous person on this list
perhaps, but I have been using it with much success.

        ENCRYPT:
        <cfset encrypted=encrypt(form.pwd,"key")>
        <cfset encrypted=tobase64(encrypted)>
        store in database

        DECRYPT:
        query database
        <cfset decrypted=tobinary(qResults.pwd)>
        <cfset decrypted=tostring(decrypted)>
        <cfoutput>#decrypt(decrypted,'key')#</cfoutput>