----- Original Message -----
From: "Dick Applebaum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> OK, humor me (I have no real server experience).
>
> Why is an updater like CFMX at a disadvantage when compared to a
> service pack.
---------------------------

Yeah, I've been watching this thread with curiosity - can someone humour me
too? ;-)

The main issue being discussed seems to portability, no? You download the
file, copy it around your network, wherever, and the machines that install
it don't need to be connected to the net. Isn't this is the case with the
CFMX updater? I downloaded over 14 MB. Don't tell me that was the
'installer' front for something that was downloading other stuff from the MM
site when you ran it! :-o

Appreciate there's more issues with regard to tracking changes, etc., but on
this portability front - is there a strict, official difference between a
service pack and an updater?

in ignorance,

- Gyrus

- [EMAIL PROTECTED]