Right, though generally speaking, referencing an index on an integer or a
longinteger column is faster than referencing an index on a 20 character
varchar field... Of course, they're probably using something like verity
that will index the filename regardless of the id in which case it's sort of
moot, but still -- the fact that the integer is more efficient for the
machine is really an afterthought -- the more important point is that it's
easier and more efficient for _people_ to use... Isn't that the larger
purpose for the machines in the first place? Making things easier?

Isaac
Certified Advanced ColdFusion 5 Developer

www.turnkey.to
954-776-0046