From: robert_myers [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 19 September 2002 16:42
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Tracking first 'click' off of a home page

I run a 1400 user Intranet for my company, and have a home page that has
about
3 dozen links to various resources (including other web servers --
both internal and external).

Could some one give be a head start on how I might record the user's *first*
click off this home page? No need to track them after that.

I'd like to store it in a SQL 7.0 database to run queries against, and at a
minimum I'd like the CFToken, CFID, IP Address, and fully qualified URL
that the click refers to.

I know very little about session/client management, but any articles or
publications pointed out would help me get over this limitation.

This is a 4.5 environment running on Windows NT. (ya-ya, I know - quit
snickering).

Some direction (and pointing out the pitfalls) would be much appreciated.

.and as always, thanks in advance!

.and as always, thanks in advance!