I don't know about recording only the first click off the page.

However, it would be fairly easy (it seems to me) to build a "link tracker".

Just have a CF page that takes a URL as a param.  It inserts info about the
link and whatever else (session userID, time, etc) into the DB.  Then it
<cflocation>s to wherever the passed link points to.

Then you just change whatever links you want to track to a form like:
(You'll probably want to escape some of this with URLEncodedFormat).

  --Ben Doom
    Programmer & General Lackey
    Moonbow Software