From: Greg Luce [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 20 September 2002 17:18
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Access Question

I'm having a tough time with an access query. I'm sure it's something
simple, but I had shoulder surgery yesterday so I have a ball pumping
goodies into the shoulder at it's own discretion. :-)

INSERT INTO subdir
VALUES ('#good#')

And the table is:
subdir_id (autonumber)
subdir (text)

The error says:
ODBC Error Code = 21S01 (Insert value list does not match column list)

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Number of query values and
destination fields are not the same.

SQL = "INSERT INTO subdir VALUES ('AAAA')"

I know this should work. This db WAS an Access 97 that I converted to
Access2002. Could that be affecting it? I've looked at other queries
that work like this with autonumber primary keys. Should I just go lay
down or what?