From: Cornillon, Matthieu [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2002 2:44 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: OT: Long text fields

Hi.  I am developing with an Oracle back end.  I want to have a
"miscellaneous notes" field in a table.  I want to use some sort of
HTML-editor tag as the front end for this field, and imagine that it will
hold up to about 3000 characters.  What datatype should I use in the back
end, and what size limit does that type have?  Is this a more complicated
question than I think?

Thanks,
Matthieu