I am pretty new to using coldfusion and web development in general.  I
currently have a running site on coldfusion and would like to create a
parallel environment on the same server to do further work without
impacting the current site.  Then when satisfied with the changes I have
made I would like to move the development site to the production
location thus updating the site (Or something accomplishing the same
thing).

I am not sure what the best way to go about creating this duplicate
environment on the same machine would be.  I am hopeful some of you
insightful people could point me in the right direction, or to some
information about how this would best be done.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

John