Question:  Are we talking about using Filemaker as a datasorce or using its
"Application Server / webserver" features in place ColdFusion?

I worked with Filemaker 4 when they first added the web stuff.  I could
never get the hang of it. It had limitations and a few bugs.  One bug I can
recall was that you could not have your images in a subfolder, they needed
to be at the root.  One other oddity was the web interface simply issued
commands to the FileMaker front end. So, you could watch the searches take
place like a ghost user was running FileMaker. I am sure they fixed many of
the issues. Remember last I tried to use it for web stuff was version 4.
Now they are on version 6.

If you are looking for reasons to not use it as an Application Server /
webserver:

1.) Performance or lack there of.
2.) Very Few developers
3.) Long development time (more $ in the long run)
4.) Very poor scalability

Again this is based on old experience.