> Actually, I think it makes a lot of sense.
>
> I just needed a form with side by side list boxes, make a selection in
> one and the second is populated with selections that change based on
> what was selected in the first. Try doing that simply and
> easily in HTML
> (without screen refreshes).
>
> Flash, ColdFusion CFCs, and Flash Remoting make it a no brainer.
>
> Did I use animation? Nope. Did I need the timeline? Nope. In fact, I
> don't even have it open - I used a single frame and a single layer.
>
> There is legitimate use for Flash beyond animation.

I just released a custom tag to do this - and I would have much rather
done it in Flash. Since it's so easy to pass stuff in to Flash via code
(ie, not remoting), I'm surprised no one has released a generic flash
movie for this scenario that is controllable via CFML. Even a newbie
like myself could write this rather quickly. (Of course, gotta find the
time. ;)

Raymond Camden, ColdFusion Jedi Master for Hire

Email    : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo IM : morpheus