OK then, will I get a super discount on Flash from MM - say 98% as I am only
going to use 2% of its features?

:-)  nah, didnt think so......

From: Ben Forta [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 30 September 2002 16:38
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Flash for data views : WAS Ben's J2EE Book, now new course
t o be offered by MACR

Actually, I think it makes a lot of sense.

I just needed a form with side by side list boxes, make a selection in
one and the second is populated with selections that change based on
what was selected in the first. Try doing that simply and easily in HTML
(without screen refreshes).

Flash, ColdFusion CFCs, and Flash Remoting make it a no brainer.

Did I use animation? Nope. Did I need the timeline? Nope. In fact, I
don't even have it open - I used a single frame and a single layer.

There is legitimate use for Flash beyond animation.

--- Ben