This won't work. The table height attribute doesn't work consistently and
has been deprecated by the W3C in HTML 4.01.

The only way I can think of to do it is with floating layers and DHTML. Set
the footer content into a layer and continually check the browser window to
see what its dimensions are and set the layer to the bottom of those
dimensions. Of course, DHTML isn't always supported either.

Bottom line: There's no good way to do this.

Kevin Graeme