is this CFMX?

-----Original Message-----
From: Lee Fuller [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 08 October 2002 14:20
To: CF-Talk
Subject: LONG time CF Supporter - About ready to dump CF!

Well, as amazing as it is for me to say, I'm seriously considering
taking CF support away from our customers, and selling those accounts
that use it.  With the consistant rash of unresponsive CF service
problems (that require many restarts of IIS/CF -- and then finally a
complete server restart), to the numerous problems trying to educate
users on locking their vars... it's really become more of a pain than
it's worth.

A server that has been running quite well for approximately a month, has
suddenly started spiraling out of control, with the only option being a
manual restart of the CF server.  IIS is running, and serves HTML pages
file.. but CFM pages get 404'd.

We've uninstalled and reinstalled connectors, run the updaters.. etc..
etc.. etc.  It's just getting old having to fight this every day.

CF didn't used to be like this!  It had it's problems, to be sure.  But
it was, for the vast majority of the time, stable.  Now, it seems that
every time we turn around, or if one of our clients who runs CF doesn't
code something exactly correct... the server decides to go nutz and
crash. (Well.. The CF and IIS services crash anyway.)  This is crazy.
ASP doesn't do this! (gulp)

Now, when I talk to Macromedia about serious debugging to find the
problems -- they say "$$$$$$".  Uhm... Didn't we just pay thousands to
get this thing on our server so that we can support the CF program and
propogate it's use in the marketplace?  And now we have to pay MORE to
debug a problem that is clearly within CF??  Not to mention the fact
that the cost in man-hours and down time, lost clients (we've a had a
few who have jumped ship because the services were not stable).  It's
really quite tiring now.. and COMPLETELY frustrating.

I've SCOURED the KB's.  Left messages in all the forums, lists, etc.
All are the same patches/fixes.. None of them work.

This is total frustrating.

</ventoff>