Wasteful yes. Sloppy no. Forget a semicolon in Java - no compile. Omit a
semicolon in javascript no problem.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffry Houser [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 11:19 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: LONG time CF Supporter - About ready to dump CF!


At 10:45 AM 10/8/2002 -0700, you wrote:
> > Internet Languages do not seem inherently sloppy to me, however a lot of
> > sloppy code is written.  I do not believe that this is unique to web
> > languages.
>
>If sloppy code can run, then it is inherently sloppy. I guess I could go on
>and on about browers rederning bad html, or non standard scripting java
>objects etc - but I figured most would understand what I meant.

  I obviously didn't.  Based on your original statements, I did not
associate sloppy code with non-functional code.

  In Java or C, if I create 20 extra variables that are never used, is that
code sloppy?  Yes!  Can I get it to run? Theoretically, yes.



--
Jeffry Houser | mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Need a Web Developer?  Contact me!
AIM: Reboog711  | Phone: 1-203-379-0773
--
My CFMX Book:
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0072225564/instantcoldfu-20>
My Books: http://www.instantcoldfusion.com
My Band: http://www.farcryfly.com


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm?forumid=4
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/index.cfm?sidebar=lists&body=lists/cf_talk
FAQ: http://www.thenetprofits.co.uk/coldfusion/faq
Structure your ColdFusion code with Fusebox. Get the official book at 
http://www.fusionauthority.com/bkinfo.cfm

Reply via email to