No, that's not a viable solution. I cannot give 'nobody' a shell. That defeats the
purpose of nobody.

I posted in the forum (hey Troy, that was probably me!) and am not receiving a
response and have also submitted a bug report. I have narrowed it down to this:

CFMX will run as nobody if no shell is specified (nothing at the end of the line in
/etc/passwd). It will not run if /dev/null or /bin/false is specified as the shell.
The gov't agency I work for has strict requirements that one of the above be
specified. This worked for for CF 4.5 and 5.0. It suddenly does not work with CFMX.
(It also works for all web servers we have run and currently run, so should not be a
major issue).

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I'm kind of bummed I haven't received any reply
from Macromedia though to at least confirm my suspicion and say, "Hey, we'll get right
on that!". We're at a standstill until it's resolved.

Thanks for the feedback! I seem to miss some using the digest and will try to pay more
attention!

Cathy