>That's odd. I wouldn't think it would make any difference at all, until
>you've told CF MX to use the new JVM. Is the new JVM's location in your
>global PATH environment variable?

Stranger still, I've just checked the server settings summary and it still
reports the JVM to be version 1.3.1_03 and the path to JVM as
C:\CFusionMX\runtime\jre, despite having changed to version 1.4.0_02,
updated the path and restarted the CFMX Application service.

Where do I check the global PATH environment variable? Or is this simply the
path mapping in the administrator?

>If not, again, I don't see how installing
>the new JVM, by itself, would make any difference.

Whilst you do indeed make perfect sense in your analysis of the situation, I
can definitely confirm there were improvements in my jdbc problems as soon
as installing the new jvm. Prior to upgrading the jvm, I was only able to
connect to a SQL 7 datasource, residing on the same machine, intermittently
using the jdbc driver and not at all using the odbc sockets. Once upgraded,
I've been able to connect to the SQL 7 datasource both locally and remotely,
with no broken connections to date (its only been a few days on this trial).

Dave