It's an economy and burnout thing...

I mean how many people need software built? How many people are
throwing hard cash at a software based business concept?

Not many.

Couple that with the reduced budgets everyone is facing across the
board and bingo! Hiring isn't what is in, firing is...

The whole view that the web was where you had to be, is a has been
idea... Now its trivilized greatly (after the cafe mocha brewer turned
web dude turned 20something CEO phase)... The margins are razor thin in
general and clients expect tons of functionality at little or no cost..

Companies with payrolls are feeling the lashings, even if they are
selling box software... Retainers, once the staple of entitlement have
evaporated and lots of people owe for development across the board...

Times are tough and leaner... Better and different...

At least now I can laugh that Mr. Know It All but Knows Nothing Web
Dorks and the idiot business school wanks with their bullshit $800
chairs and stupid gimmicks are back at their mostly trivial jobs for
mostly someone else...

Paris Lundis
Founder
Areaindex, L.L.C.
http://www.areaindex.com
http://www.pubcrawler.com
412-292-3135
[finding the future in the past, passing the future in the present]
[connecting people, places and things]