Everything previous to MX that I did that involved XML I do with
MSXML. I've got lots of examples, ups and usps among them, but I don't
know if they would be applicable. I'm still not sure why you need a
parser...

If all you need to do is load an file from the HD, edit it, and save
the results, and you have total control over the format of the file
wddx may work perfectly for you.

Saying COM is heavy on the server is a over generalizing it to the
point of it being FUD. A hello world com object is going to be pretty
fast no matter if it was programmed by the latest VB hack to get their
MCSE or a C++ veteran. MSXML would be one of the heavier COM objects
though.

--
 jon
 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]