From: chad [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2002 11:24 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Advise Needed

We were approached by a company to refresh their web site.  It currently
is a mess of PHP, CGI, and perl.  Basically it does not work.  It pulls
a 500 error everytime something is added to the basket.

They want us to quote moving the site since they cannot get anyone to
fix their current web site.  I am really afraid of moving the site to
one of our servers since we don't have one that is PHP/Perl.

I am afraid we will spend more time fixing the old site then it is worth
and once we got it running they would bail out on the CF refresh we
quoted them.

I would rather leave the site at the current provider, fix the site so
it at least works, then start developing the CF refresh.

Then comes my fear that once we get the site running they will never
want to do the CF refresh we quoted them.

I suppose we will have to invest in a lawyer to draw up a contract that
says we will fix the current site and they WILL contract use to do the
CF refresh.

Any other ideas on how to approach this situation?  I don't want to get
burned.