Vern,

Well, I for one miss CFStudio, but I'm not going back.  I think if
Macromedia took the time to listen to the communities they'll find ways to
make DWMX better.

I know, I for one miss the following:
-------------------------------------
* F9 (which is now F4 that only works if the insert panel is open and
available).  I submitted this via wishlist as a bug.

* Keyboard Mapped Snipplets - Being able to hit "Cntrl Q" to spit out a
generic cfquery statement was such a huge timesaver.  I submitted this via
wishlist as an enhancement.

* Half the current keyboard commands don't work.  If I try to map to
ColdFusion Comment, it doesn't work in developer mode, it only works in
design/wysiwyg mode.  Submitted to wishlist as a bug.

*  Realize that if majority of us are going to be forced to work in DWMX
we'd like the option of disabling that visual mode and not even having to
deal with it (hell, don't even load it up in the background, I don't want
or need it.  I want an IDE that'll help me type CF code faster and I want
my help files, that's all I ask for).  Have not submitted.

* Consider reworking that window that shows you the files.  Make the
folders a different color from the file icons.  I have to say that I like
the File/Folder explorer in CFStudio better.  It'd be nice if this were an
option.  If you have a lot of folders, you'll see a lot of horizontal
scrolling. Have not submitted.

* I have an issue with WinXP / DWMX.  I find if I'm in WinXp's crayola
mode, that if I minimize the program, the DWMX screws up.  If you need a
screenshot, let me know.

I know I like the following:
----------------------------
* The IDE interface is fine, I'm glad that it looks like the rest of the
Studio MX applications.

* CFC code/panel is kind of neat.  Make sure the server is setup correctly
tho as there is a dependency.

* The sites manager thing is helpful to me.

* At first, I didn't like the help files seperated from the IDE.  Now, I'm
getting used to the alt-tabbing and don't mind it.  It'd be nice if the
help file could also retrieve the livedoc info (if the user asked for that
preference).

I am finding that as a developer, I really only use _1_ panel the most.
That's the files panel in which I have access to Site & Assets and I moved
Snipplets there.  I'd also use Application, but so far I haven't needed
to.  All the other panels are closed / removed.  Call me a minimalist.

~Todd

Todd Rafferty ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) - http://www.web-rat.com/ |
        Team Macromedia Volunteer for ColdFusion           |
http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/team_macromedia/  |
http://www.flashCFM.com/   - webRat (Moderator)            |
http://www.ultrashock.com/ - webRat (Back-end Moderator)   |
   Speakeasy DSL - http://www.speakeasy.net/refer/18280    |