:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: Zachary Bedell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
: Another possibility, if cookies are an option, would be to
: continuely pass a "Click Stream" cookie back & forth to the
: user.  At each page request, just take the current cookie
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> this would only work up to 4k.  that's the limit set
> on cookie size.  it wouldn't take much surfing and
> page tracking to reach that limit.

I figured there had to be a limit.  Just wasn't sure what it was....

The sites I've seen that pull this off use a very terse tokenized form of
this -- just a char or two for each page.  That works for them, but I guess
for the original poster's needs, 4k would probably fall a bit short of the
mark...

Thanks for the info!
Zac Bedell