I'm using Dreamweaver MX to create some CFC's and trying to figure out
how to layout the file system on the ColdFusionMX App server.
(FYI:  I'm new at this CFC stuff and Dreamweaver too.)
Where am I suppose to copy the CFC's too?
I've read various things.
Some put them under the wwwroot.
Others put them outside the wwwroot and create a mapping.

I've done it like this:
/websites/www.domain.com/CustomTags/com/domain/
and this:
/websites/www.domain.com/wwwroot/com/domain/
and application CFC in various directories under wwwroot.

Is there a preferred method?
It would seem that by putting the CFC under wwwroot, this could make the
CF Server search the whole wwwroot directory for CFC.  This would seem
to be inefficient for the CF Server to have to go though all those
*.html, *.gif, *.etc files to pick out the CFC, right?

I'm also accessing the files via RDS in DWMX.
When I try to edit the CFC via the Component Tab in DWMX, I get a dialog
box that says:

"This panel only facilitates editing CFCs if the local path to this
site's files is the same as the path defined for the testing server for
this site.  Furthermore, the access to the testing server must be
local/network.  You can examine and change these path by using the
Define Sites item in the Site Menu.  The current settings are: Testing
Server access type: source_control"

I guess this means that I can not develop CFC remotely via RDS, right?
Auggg!  Can't I get anything right today?  ;-)

Thanks,
Troy

--
Troy Simpson