From: Ryan Farrell [mailto:farrellt@;nuovotech.com]
Sent: 28 October 2002 15:20
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Locking and clustered servers

Ok, we are thinking about setting up 2 port redirectors/load balancers
(hardware) and 5 separate servers running CF 5.  So, the only problem is
that some of our code has named locks to prevent simultaneous record
insertions on a particular table.  I can't think of any way to make a lock
recognizable to another server, but maybe someone out there has a neat trick
or two.  Or, maybe we can eliminate the need for the lock: how do some of
you handle the process of inserting data into a table that generates an
autonumber and then figuring out what number was just generated?  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan