You can create your parameters as a list or string and pass them as a single
query string:

http://www.site.com?detail,108,492

then use the list or the string to generate your variables for a a redirect:

<cflocation url="index.cfm?fuseaction=#listfirst(cgi.query_string)#&catid=#l
istgetat(cgi.query_string,2)#&productid=#listgetat(cgi.query_string)#">

Essentially, url-shorteners always work by condensing the url parameters and
removing the &varname= portions of the query string and parsing the data
manually. I've seen at least one web-site that offers a url-shortening
service as an asp where you provide a long url and they enter it into a db
and provide you with something like http://shorturl.com?3596 ... Which could
always be done internally...

Isaac
Certified Advanced ColdFusion 5 Developer

www.turnkey.to
954-776-0046