I rather assumed the caveat of the short url not being related to
security... That is -- all the normal rules of security apply, and the short
url does not _help_ you secure the site -- it actually doesn't really hurt
in any way either, because if the short url can get someone to a place
they're not supposed to be, then there is by definition, a pre-existing
security error that should be fixed. Security itself should always be as
close to the secured data / resources as possible. If the secured data is an
individual page, security should ensure that nobody who's unauthorized for
that page sees that page from that page, not for instance by removing links
from other pages. This is a reasonably common mistake -- people try to
secure a page by removing a link from other page(s) and someone who at one
point was authorized to see the page, but is no longer authorized can still
get access to it regardless by using a bookmark or typing in a url they
remember.

Isaac
Certified Advanced ColdFusion 5 Developer

www.turnkey.to
954-776-0046