Thanks, that did it.  I uninstalled every thing that had the word "Java" in
it, rebooted, and it now works fine.  Thanks for the help.

RE:  Navy

LOL, no I'm just a contractor for a private company.

My father was 28 years Navy, and I did a 2 year stint in the Army.

As far as joining, it depends:

If you haven't gone to college and CAN afford it, get the degree and go in
as an officer.

If you haven't gone to college and CAN'T afford it, go in for the minimum
enlistment, grab the college cash, and run.

If you already have a degree, go for it.

Again, thanks to all for the help.

Matthew P. Smith
Web Developer, Object Oriented
Naval Education & Training Professional