What I like doing with commonly used selects is making them custom tags.
The code would look something like this:

<cfparam name="ATTRIBUTES.selected" default="">

<cfoutput>
<select name="parked">
    <option value="">
        <cfloop index=i from="1" to="52">
            <option value="#i# week/year" <cfif ATTRIBUTES.selected IS "#i#
week/year"> selected</cfif>>#i# week/year</option>
        </cfloop>
</select>

You call the tag like this:
<cf__selectTag selected="#query.parked#">

You don't have to do this as a custom tag, but for commonly used selects,
it does neaten up the code considerably.

HTH!

Sharon

At 08:24 AM 6/27/2000 -0600, Erika Foster wrote:
>I am populating a select input field with a <cfloop>
>
><select name="parked">

></select>
>
>That's all working.  This form is also an edit form if a record already
>exists for this facility.  How do I pre-select the value that is in the
>database for that record from within the loop?
>
>Thanks,
>

>Erika Foster
>engineering-environmental Management
>Applications Developer