If you're just converting queries into Oracle stored procedures, I  think it
would be fair to estimate a weekend to a week to get up to speed (depending
on your experience with SQL and the time you put in to it). But to get good
at what you're doing will take a longer...

I'd just like to point out that, while closely related, PL/SQL and SQL are
two very different languages. PL/SQL is more of a "regular" procedural
programming language and the things you do with it are different than the
things you do with straight SQL. PL/SQL is used more for the things you do
with CF, Java or any other "regular" programming language. PL/SQL was just
designed for a particular niche, the Oracle database, so it has db specific
features, too. SQL is a (fairly) standard way to interact with databases and
is more of a functional language. When you write PL/SQL you'll use SQL.

I you can download Oracle from their web site (or at least you used to be
able to) and play around with it. That and the docs should be a good
start...

   Jeff Polaski
   "The cow is of the bovine ilk;
    One end is moo, the other, milk."