CFMX/Updater - IIS5.0  on Windows 2k Sp3 with very little load. This box is
the one where IIS somehow lost its connection to CFMX and needed the
connectors re-installed.

Our other box (webserver), with the same configuration, has crashed 3 times
today already. The load is not that huge. We have about 10-20 connections
at any given time with spikes to about 60-70. We serve under
10,000-20,000  page views per day.

Just a minute ago, one of my employees said they could not access the site
- it was timing out or not returning the homepage. I tried it from my
computer and it worked fine. We retried this several times. I had a friend
access it from his office just fine also.

But, when I logged into the server and looked at the running requests, it
had grown to 65! And the server hung. But, it is strange, and I have seen
this before, that only certain page requested will cause these undying
threads. Could this be a client variable (we are storing client vars in a
networked SQL Server 7.0 Database) issue?

Right now the server has 3 running requests which will not expire or
timeout. The've been running for an hour. These rouge threads are not using
the CPU. They are just threads that will not die. The setting in the
cfadmin about expiring long running requests flat out does not work...

Brook