Careful, the cost for the J2EE version is per processor...the other is per
server.

-Stace

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Carabetta [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 8:05 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: CFMX Enterprise vs. CFMX for J2EE

I am currently evaluating whether or not it makes sense to purchase CFMX
Enterprise or JRun 4 and CFMX for JRun (Licenses for the other supported
J2EE servers are just too expensive), both for RedHat Linux.

I know the first reaction is that it depends on how much pure Java work I
may or may not be doing vs. CF development.

But, that aside, what's been people's experiences with the two options. Is
there a performance difference between the two? The performance briefs
posted on DesDev focus on IBM WebSphere vs MX Enterprise and makes no
mention of CFMX for JRun (that I've been able to find). Any reason for that?

The cost differential is negligible, which is why I'd like to hear people's
experiences with administration, development, etc. I have CF administration
and development experience back to 3.0, but I'm a bit newer to Java and
J2EE, if that helps. Any insights you all could give are most appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave.