> Tomcat is a J2EE server (not certified I don't think) - I did it this
> way just because it was all free and easy to download and install. I'm
> sure if someone makes a J2EE server for Mac that you could use something
> other than Tomcat. Since NONE of the Macromedia products work on Mac
> without a major workaround this seemed the simplest option.

Tomcat wasn't certified, because it didn't quite meet all the J2EE
requirements, but I believe it is fully J2EE certified/compliant etc.

I noticed in one of your other emails that you're using Tomcat and Apache
together...  We tried running an app with Tomcat and Apache.  Damn thing
kept trashing the server.  Turns out there is "known" issue with the
tomcat/apache connector and we were recommended to use JBoss and Jetty with
Apache instead.

Just so people know, Michael set up a Bluedragon list on the HOF mailserver,
so if anyone is interested in talking specifically about Bluedragon, then
get yourself signed up over there.  http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists

Regards

Stephen