I am not trying to start a flame war here, I just want to make sure
noone gets the wrong impression and confirm or disprove what I thought
SMTP-AUTH was. As far as I can tell from RFC 2554 SMTP-AUTH
really has nothing to do with checking reverse DNS, it is just an
authentication method.

on Wed Dec 18 samcfug spoke forth with the blessed manuscript