Quoting Samuel Neff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I think this would really be best with a Flash front end.  If you go
> that route, I'm in.

I think Flash would be great for this, since I believe this would eventually
eliminate the need for a CF/ASP/PHP middle layer.

The way I see it, eventually there will be some standards that will turn a
database server into a webservice. No longer accessing a database using a
propietary protocol, but simply using SOAP/XML/WSDL etc. Probably as an
alternate method next to whatever a dbms uses now because XML is bloated for
structured data, but eventually it will be there (I believe some key concepts
are already under way in SQL:200x-13 and SQLX).
How cool would it be if Flash could talk directly to the database without
anything in between? For the connection parameters you just give the IP, port,
username and password and you are connected to whatever database is running
there. And then the database is accessed directly through a webservice,
capacities can be interrogated using WSDL and the INFORMATION_SCHEMA and you
have a truly cross-platform admin tool.

Jochem

--
Friends don't let friends use table-based layouts.