Am trying to move several sites from CF5 to MX. Most have clientmanagement
enabled. For administrative sections (where I know the browser/system client
uses) I use the old embedded form validation (field_required, field_date,
etc) in several places. Of course use scripted server-side error handling in
critical places.

However, am finding that IF clientmanagement is enabled in MX, this method
becomes impossible because when go back to form on browser to take care of
problems, ALL fields are empty. Apparently something with clientmangement
causes the page to expire. If clientmanagement is set to NO in
application.cfm in MX, then the technique works as expected. (In CF5 all
works as expected regardless clientmanagement setting.)

Would appreciate any ideas on setting changes, work-arounds, etc. so this
method can be used. I can't believe that it is MX's intention that this
useful technique be useless! (It also makes it so you can't have some more
formal server-side handling and expect user to be able to go back and take
care of problems.)

I have two pages that illustrate; one with clientmanagement enabled, the
other not. Just fill in some data but leave last name blank.
http://www.wingserv.com/testform.cfm has clientmanagement enabled

http://www.wingserv.com/church/testform.cfm clientmanagement not enabled

Appreciate any help on this as it is preventing my upgrading a number of
sites to MX.

E. Keith Dodd
Wings of Eagles Services
www.wingserv.com

(I've posted variations of this problem before, with most responses
recommending not to expect browser to *hold* form material. I realize the
problems involved, but cannot see revising dozens of forms because of this
behavior.)

-
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by declude AntiVirus Software]