> Thanks so much, Dave! After quick test, using the
> cfheader seems to solve the problem. Man, I've been
> pulling my hair out about this and now it's as
> easy as adding one line of code!
>
> I see that much more time info is being passed to the
> header when clientmanagement is enabled. Wonder what
> it is that causes the caching behavior? (Had the same
> thing happen with Netscape, too.)

You're welcome! I haven't looked at the headers myself lately, but I imagine
that it might be setting an If-Modified-Since header or something along
those lines.

> Any downside to doing the cfheader for cache control
> you recommended?

I'm sure there is, if you use it globally, but I haven't run into any
specific problems yet. A very good friend of mine had a similar problem with
a production server he has to maintain, and I made the same suggestion to
him. He put it into Application.cfm (he didn't have time to put it in the
appropriate scripts) and so far hasn't had any problem yet, and it's been
there in a production environment for almost two weeks.

If it weren't for that friend of mine, I wouldn't have thought of
recommending this to you, so he deserves some of the thanks as well!

> Thanks again!
> (Your help has encouraged me to try to come to the
> Fig Leaf summer conference again this year! :)

Excellent! I hope to see you there!

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496